RSS
Wecome to my Blog, enjoy reading my experiences at school and beyond :)

Monday, September 7, 2009

Wan Pen Duan Sip- All Souls Day!?!

 
 Last Friday I was curious why this ugly statue was erected at the playground. The teacher told me that it's "Wan Pen Duan Sip". The purpose of this is to give offering to ghosts and dead people and one reason is giving the offering to themselves when they die. This explains why a lot of Thai desserts (kanom) were spread on the table:
 

 


The event is similar to the "All Souls Day" we have in the Philippines.


I got the chance to mingle with my Anuban 1/3 students and have some pictures with them:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Teaching Moments Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Ezwpthemes